Monday, March 4, 2013

fancy tricks a la Elise


I knew it would be coming soon, but I wasn't sure how soon.  Elise's desire to be a big girl had to outweigh her extreme fear of falling and injuring herself and today was the day.  I came home to a very happy Elise that had figured out how to ride her bike in a matter of minutes. (and all by herself)  She was pretty excited to hear that all new bike riders get to go out for ice cream (she is my only kid who hasn't known about that in their efforts to learn how to ride), but it made for a sad Lilly.  I was told *at least* ten times tonight that she actually learned how to ride her bike when she was three, but she is pretending that she doesn't know how to...."Now do I get ice cream??"

2 comments:

Linda Tunnell said...

congrats to Elise! She was definately ready! I think its almost easier for them to wait and then they do it by themselves!

Jim said...

Well done Elise! You have to admire Lilly's persistence.